This post contains affiliate links. If you buy from my links, at no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy even more books to review! See full disclosure here.
Quotes on Love
Based on the available information and the data hitherto collected, my hypothesis is that the farther away I stay from love, the better off I will be. | The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
It was the differences in a person that gave rise to true beauty… Sameness was comfortable, but it didn’t move the soul. | The Siren of Sussex my Mimi Matthews
When given the opportunity, what else could a lady do but follow her heart? | The Siren of Sussex my Mimi Matthews
It’s a sort of magic, I believe. To create clothing that can do that for a person. That can transform them into something extraordinary. | The Siren of Sussex my Mimi Matthews
Quotes on Finding Yourself
Sometimes the best parts of our lives come out of the things that make us feel the most uncomfortable. | The Butterfly Sisters by Jenny Hale
Maybe life was supposed to be messy because it wasn’t up to anyone else to find us. It was up to us to find ourselves. | The Butterfly Sisters by Jenny Hale
Sometimes the most disappointing things in life are exactly what we need to send us down a different path toward our destiny. | Men or Paws by Rich Amooi
Quotes on Time
Time heals all things. If time fails, try cake. | The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox
Quotes on Finding Joy
Just like you learned to brush your teeth and tie your shoes as a kid, you have to learn to create or find your own joy — it’s a life skill. And when you do, you’ll learn to take back something significant for yourself instead of allowing all your attention and time to be dominated by what others want to show or feed you. | State Change by Robin Berzin MD
Quotes on Confidence
Wonderful things didn’t happen because one was cautious. They happened because one dared. | The Siren of Sussex my Mimi Matthews
Quotes on Mental Health
If there’s anything I’ve learned about depression, it’s that it is an intensely personal journey, one that never really ends. | Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon
Quotes on Truth & Honesty
She understood the lesson in the gift. Truth could be scary. Darkness might always endeavor to snuff out the light, but the strength of those who truly loved us would always push us forward. This was how we brightened an otherwise dark world. We filled it with truth, and love, and light. | The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer
Quotes That Made Me Laugh
Dahila Woodson might have been shit at marriage, but she could dice an onion like a goddamn professional. | Love & Other Disasters by Anita Kelly
So many people think Hanukkah is about miracles. But Hanukkah is really about fighting for the things you believe in. Everybody focuses on the oil, but there would have been no oil, no lamp, and no miracle had the Maccabees not taken up arms and stormed that darn temple. That’s the thing people forget about Hanukkah. We make our own miracles. We’re in charge of creating our own happy endings. | The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer
I know from working with thousands of patients that simply telling people what to do isn’t really effective. People do better when they understand why something works. | State Change by Robin Berzin MD
Advice from Tonya Dalton – The Joy of Missing Out
- Slow down and rethink busy. Focus on priorities. Live a life that feels meaningful to you. Choose a life centered on your priorities. Embrace the joy of missing out.
- Stop borrowing from today to make tomorrow great. Instead, lets choose to make the most of today, knowing that when we spend our days focusing on priorities, we are investing in our future.
- Life is never one-size-fits-all. The challenge in life is not just saying no; its the art of learning when your answer should be a ‘no’ and when it should be a ‘yes’. It’s about finding yes.
- Productivity is not about doing more, it’s about doing what’s most important.
- Happiness isn’t defined by others. It’s defined by you and the daily choices you make.
- Choices have the power to make us genuinely productive rather than simply busy.
- Being kind and being assertive are not mutually exclusive.
- Periods of rest are not a reward for great work but are a requirement for great work to happen.
- Focusing on our priorities is what separate the busy from the truly productive.
- We lose time dreaming of a life we could have when the one right in front of us could be even more beautiful.
- It does us no good to bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan if the kitchen is burning down around you.
- A wide-open calendar is an invitation for others to cram it full with their priorities and demands rather than our own.
- When we make time for our wants and needs we are able to give our fullest selves to the world around us.
- Every time you say yes you are saying no to something else.
- Nobody in the history of the universe ever accomplished great things by trying to do everything.
- We can take our experiences and allow them to swallow us whole or we can use them as fuel to drive us.
Quotes on the Stories We Tell
It’s often through storytelling that we connect and gain guidance, validation, and empathy. Reading other women’s tales will help you attain perspective on your own dates. This book exists to entertain, educate, and motivate you. It’s here to help you approach your dating journey with confidence and lessen any frustration, or sense of isolation, that may set in. I want all daters to believe that they will find love, no matter how unlikely it may seem at times. | First Date Stories by Jodi Klein
Quotes on Finance & Money
If you want to do better as an investor, the single most powerful thing you can do is increase your time horizon. Time is the most powerful force in investing. It makes little things grow big and big mistakes fade away. It can’t neutralize luck and risk, but it pushes results closer towards what people deserve. | The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
Quotes from Personal Memoirs
Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life by Sutton Foster
- Every piece I describer within these pages means so much more than the yarn or marker with which it was made. Each is a time capsule and heirloom, spanning my past, present, and future, and together they tell a fuller, more complex story of who I am and how I want to be remembered.
- Art can be a window; it can also be a mirror.
- For me, being a badass meant owning my talent and my major life decisions – not waiting until I was in a relationship, or more “settled down,” whatever that even means.
- I wanted to piece together all the meaningful moments, like a quilt, to make sense of who I am, where I come from, and how I feel about those I love, in the hopes that it, too, will be passed on, another heirloom.