Publisher: Avon | Pub Date: August 2, 2022
Format: Paperback | Rating: 4.0
Many thanks to Bibliolifestyle & Avon for the gifted copy!
Thank You For Listening had me laughing from page one. I loved all the discussion about the distinction between romance tropes and women’s fiction in books. I enjoyed the banter between the two and loved that they had a fun meet cute followed by a series of fateful events.
The big issue for me is that the back and forth non-linear timeline kept confusing me because it didn’t clearly indicate when we were jumping around in time. You get to a point in the chapter and realize, OH this is a flashback. Other than the timeline issue, I enjoyed this book.
- Details & Notes: The story mentions a fun cocktail called the Last Word. The drink recipe is NOT something I would drink but what a fun name! I also absolutely LOVED the bookish bar mentioned and wonder if there are any bars like that in real life.
- Fun Fact: This book had me laughing from the first page. We’ve got ourselves an audiobook narrator listening to a poorly written steamy romance and has an embarrassing moment while traveling on a plane. It was funny for me on a personal level because I started reading this on a flight.
- Notes: aging grandparents slowly losing their memories with good/bad days, famous and wealthy best friend
- Theme: one of the big themes of the book is the importance of taking care of yourself – especially from burnout and exhaustion from trying to do too much. Something’s got to give and you have to take care of your mental and physical health.
- Content Warnings: the main character was in an accident that led to disfiguration / the loss of a body part
- Steam Rating & Romance Tropes: meet cute, secret identity – in full honesty I forgot to make note if this was sweet or steamy – from recollection I believe this was a closed door romance
“Regret haunts you for the rest of your life. It’s like a ghost that refuses to leave your house.”
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Purchase a copy on Amazon:
Leave a Reply