- Publisher: St. Martin’s Press / SMP Romance
- Pub Date: June 21, 2022
- Rating: 4.5
Many thanks to NetGalley for the gifted eARC and to my friend Asha for the giveaway print copy win!
Review & Notes:
- This book connected from the first line! Even if you didn’t read the book description you’d know a huge part of the story right from the get go: ‘Donovan Dell was a professional football player who loved to bake.’
- I really enjoyed this book and will absolutely look for her other books too, as this is a new-to-me author. I enjoyed the writing style, the plot, and the characters. I really loved Jada’s character, watching her come into her own and finding her passion both in life and in love. I loved her grandma’s character and would have liked to see more of her written into the story. I’m interested to see if there’s going to be another book or books featuring August and Nicholas!
- Misc. details:
- Location: San Diego, CA – Donovan co-owns a cupcakery called Sugar Blitz
- Trope/details: Meet cute, a smidge of enemies to lovers, work/colleagues and the biggest one… Fake Dating! 🙂
- Topics/themes: reality tv drama, famous athlete, bakery owner, financial instability as a child from a parent with an addiction, dyslexia – I liked the juxtaposition of the financial instability of his youth to his financial success as an adult, juxtaposed with her family’s wealth.
- Content warnings:
- Steam Rating: R – from my notes, one open door scene but pretty steamy
- Editing notes: there were quite a few small editing errors that I noted in the eARC that I read and will assume they were edited in the final copy.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Click the cover image below to buy on Amazon: