- Publisher: Forever Romance
- Pub Date: August 2, 2022
- Rating: 5.0 – I LOVED IT!
Many thanks to Forever Romance & Grand Central Publishing for the gifted paperback copy!
Review & Notes:
- The Hookup Plan is the third book in The Boyfriend Project series by Farrah Rochon. I first discovered her books when the first book The Boyfriend Project was a featured Book of the Month romance pick. So glad I selected it! I enjoyed the first two books and loved being able to read London and Drew’s story as the trio of books came to an end. This was a series filled with strong, inspiring women and I was totally there for it!
- I initially received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley and then received a final print copy from the publisher, so I switched formats about 1/4 of the way in.
- I LOVED this book! It was a wonderful close on the trio of women and their stories. Filled with strong characters and important topics and themes. Friendships, relationships, careers, life, and love. A wonderful reminder to be true to yourself, take care of yourself and make decisions in your life that are true to what you feel is right; go with your gut on what’s important in life. Money isn’t everything but when spent well, it can truly be life changing and impactful.
- Misc. details:
- Trope/details: enemies to lovers, second change romance, work/colleagues
- Content warnings: touches on heavy topics such as losing a parent to cancer, having an alcoholic/abusive parent, narcissistic parents
- Theme: navigating the waters of a personal health condition with the important reminder of taking time to take care of yourself. Reminder of the importance of friendship and being in a relationship with someone that gets you and wants the best for you.
- Steam Rating: R – open-door steamy but not overly graphic. It started to get steamy relatively early on (no slow burn but still lots of sexual and emotional tension building!).
- Quote that made me laugh: ‘He was far more forgiving than she was. She held on to a grudge like a drowning woman holding on to a life raft.’ – I love writing like this. The story has heavy topics but the writing style is hilarious and entertaining. I didn’t make a lot of notes while reading because I was so into reading! Another win from Farrah Rochon.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Click the cover image below to buy on Amazon (or the title link to read my previous reviews)