- Publisher: Berkley Romance
- Pub Date: 5.3.2022
- Rating: 5.0
Many thanks to Berkley Romance for the gifted paperback copy!
Review & Notes:
- Steam Rating: PG13; one open door intimate scene but lots of romantic tension throughout and more of a sweet and flirty romance than heavy steam.
- Do you ever read a book and kind of wish you’d written it? Book Lovers hit home for me and I absolutely loved it!
- Loved the premise of the story and the careers in the book. I loved Charlie and Nora! I also loved the references to small town romance tropes and that this book takes place in the publishing world.
- In another life or if I ever quit my job, I’d likely work in the publishing industry in some capacity by editing or writing. Being an editor is probably such a tough but cool job.
- Topics, themes, & concepts: career ambition, family, loss, the idea that women have to strive to strike a balance between being sharp but not bitchy, whereas men are admire for being strong and women get labeled bitches.
- Tropes: Co-worker, small town, close proximity
- Favorite Quotes:
- Libby’s not a startling fast reader. She absorbs books like they’re bubble baths, whereas my job has forced me to treat them more like hot-and-fast showers. p114
- That’s the thing about women. There’s no good way to be one. Wear your emotions on your sleeve and you’re hysterical. Keep them tucked away where your boyfriend doesn’t have to tend to them and you’re a heartless bitch. p6
Recommendation: I 100% recommend this book to all romance book lovers. This was such a great pick and of course, I loved the title.
This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Click the cover image below to buy on Amazon: