This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Genre: Romance | Pub: 3.15.2022 by Forever
Purchase link: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Arielle’s Review Notes
Book Format & Source: Digital Advanced Review Copy. I received a complimentary digital copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. Any ARC editing errors noticed are assumed corrected prior to the final published copy release.
Review & Thoughts:
- What a fun sweet story! This was a great pick to kick off 2022. This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I’d love to see more from her. I loved the supporting cast and would love to see a book featuring Lola and another featuring Cleo. Maybe this will become a trilogy in the future?
- What a fun meet cute. Embarrassing yet so entertaining! I love the characters in this book and enjoyed the dual perspective between Franny and Hayes. Franny persevered through losing her job and works hard to accomplish her goals. I love how inspired she is as a designer. I also really enjoyed Hayes’s character. Intelligent, successful, kind, awkward, and charming.
- Fun note: loved the meet cute of Eleanor and Henry and the budding relationship of Lola.
- Romance tropes: meet cute, close proximity, lgbtq+
- Topics/minor cw: divorce, heart attack, losing a job, imposter syndrome
Recommend for: fans of romance/rom-coms, fans of romance meet cute trope
My Review Rating: ♥♥♥♥.5
Romance Steam Factor: PG13
Book Jacket Synopsis:
A clever, tender, and romantic “Nora Ephron romp for the modern ages” (Christina Lauren) for readers of Jasmine Guillory, Abby Jimenez, and Sophie Cousens, this laugh-out-loud debut is a perceptive reminder that fate can have a sense of humor, and that love can happen . . . In a New York Minute.
Franny Doyle is having the worst day. She’s been laid off from her (admittedly mediocre) job, the subway doors ripped her favorite silk dress to ruins, and now she’s flashed her unmentionables to half of lower Manhattan. On the plus side, a dashing stranger came to her rescue with his (Gucci!) suit jacket. On the not-so-plus side, he can’t get away from her fast enough.
Worse yet? Someone posted their (entirely not) meet-cute online. Suddenly Franny and her knight-in-couture, Hayes Montgomery III, are the newest social media sensation, and all of New York is shipping #SubwayQTs.
Only Franny and Hayes couldn’t be a more disastrous match. She’s fanciful, talkative, and creative. He’s serious, shy, and all about numbers. Luckily, in a city of eight million people, they never have to meet again. Yet somehow, Hayes and Franny keep running into each other—and much to their surprise, they enjoy each other’s company. A lot. But when Franny’s whole world is turned upside down (again!), can she find the courage to trust in herself and finally have the life—and love—she’s always wanted?
You May Also Enjoy
Leave a Reply