This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
One of my favorite things about a new year is setting new goals and intentions.
Bookish Blog Post Inspired by:
2022 Reading Goals
This is my second year purchasing the Always Fully Booked planner from Little Inkling Designs and it is my absolute favorite planner ever!! Unfortunately they’re sold out for 2022 but they do restock the Novel Companion and you can sign up for their newsletter to stay in the know for next year’s 2023 planner.
The planner has room for 8 featured goals in the beginning of the planner. I wanted to brainstorm my top goals to include on that page of my planner and realized this was a great reason to share a bookish listicle with you!
- Book-buying ban (except my monthly BOTM because I technically treated myself to a 12 month subscription! Is that cheating? Maybe, but I’m okay with it!)
- Build a home library
- Read 84 books (with at least 3 per month from my existing TBR shelves)
- Create a 2022 Instagram Challenge for myself
- Use Storygraph instead of Goodreads: reviews, tracking, and reading challenges: also, complete my application to be a volunteer librarian with The Storygraph
- Promote shopping small and local: Share Bookshop.org links alongside Amazon links (because let’s be real, people are still shopping amazon and I’m down for the tiny affiliate kick-back so I have money to buy more books)
- Come up with a word of the year to focus on. Ideas include: Present, perspective, consistency, wellness, balance, joy
- Blog consistently. My monthly blogging goal includes the following posts (roughly 12-15 per month):
- REVIEW ALL THE BOOKS: I generally read anywhere from 4-9 books every month. I want to be more consistent on reviewing soon after reading.
- Monthly TBR post: a post about the books I’m currently reading, have finished reading, and new book mail received
- Monthly Holidays: a post about the fun monthly holidays (my annual list is a huge hit on Pinterest because is there anything more joyful than having a reason to celebrate every day?)
- Previous month’s reading wrap-up
- Top of the TBR: Monthly Anticipated New Books
- Goal: to write a minimum of 2 bookish non-review/listicle posts
Share Your Story: What are your goals for 2022? Share your story with us in the comments or reach out on social media to keep the conversation going!
Links: Bookshop.org | 2022 Anticipated New Books
A few of my favorites read in 2021:
Leave a Reply