This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox
Genre: Holiday Romance | Pub: 10.05.2021
Book Jacket Synopsis:
A feel-good, holiday-themed romantic comedy about identical twins who switch lives in the days leading up to Christmas–perfect for fans of Christina Lauren’s In a Holidaze and Josie Silver’s One Day in December.
All they want for Christmas is a different life.
When chef Charlie Goodwin gets hit on the head on the L.A. set of her reality baking show, she loses a lot more than consciousness; she also loses her ability to taste and smell–both critical to her success as show judge. Meanwhile, Charlie’s identical twin, Cass, is frantically trying to hold her own life together back in their quaint mountain hometown while running the family’s bustling bakery and dealing with her ex, who won’t get the memo that they’re over.
With only days until Christmas, a desperate Charlie asks Cass to do something they haven’t done since they were kids: switch places. Looking for her own escape from reality, Cass agrees. But temporarily trading lives proves more complicated than they imagined, especially when rugged firefighter Jake Greenman and gorgeous physician’s assistant Miguel Rodriguez are thrown into the mix. Will the twins’ identity swap be a recipe for disaster, or does it have all the right ingredients for getting their lives back on track?
Purchase link: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Book Format & Source: Hardback via Book of The Month
Review & Thoughts:
- I loved this book! It’s the perfect Christmas story about life and love. It would make for a wonderful Hallmark Christmas movie; it had a great mix of drama and love. There’s nothing wrong with being Hallmark worthy and if you don’t enjoy this book, then maybe romance isn’t for you. It’s a great representation of what a sweet romance should be.
- This book was filled with a great cast. It has four main characters. When the twins swap places they meet men that they wouldn’t have otherwise in their own lives. I’m a big believer in timing being right, after all, that’s my own romance story. I love the way they all work together in the end and I would absolutely tune in for this.
- This book made my mouth water for some seriously delicious baked goods. Too bad it didn’t come with recipes!
- Great trope: good ole twins switcheroo, friends to lovers, secret identity
- Topics & themes: twins, concussions, conflict, professional drama, family, the desire to want to belong, being true to yourself, being confident in who you are and what you’re capable of.
Favorite quote: Time heals all things. If time fails, try cake.
Recommend for: fans of sweet romance, fans of holiday romance, fans of Hallmark movies
My Review Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Romance Steam Factor: G – completely clean romance but with all the feels!
You May Also Enjoy