This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Kamila Knows Best by Farah Heron
Genre: Romance | Pub: 3.8.2022
Book Jacket Synopsis:
Jane Austen’s Emma goes Bollywoood in this delightful retelling from the highly acclaimed author of Accidentally Engaged, perfect for fans of Abby Jimenez and Jasmine Guillory.
Kamila Hussain’s life might not be perfect, but, whew, it’s close. She lives a life of comfort, filled with her elaborate Bollywood movie parties, a dog with more Instagram followers than most reality stars, a job she loves, and an endless array of friends who clearly need her help finding love. In fact, Kamila is so busy with her friends’ love lives, she’s hardly given any thought to her own . . .
Fortunately, Kamila has Rohan Nasser. A longtime friend of the family, he’s hugely successful, with the deliciously lean, firm body of a rock climber. Only lately, Kamila’s “harmless flirting” with Rohan is making her insides do a little bhangra dance.
But between planning the local shelter’s puppy prom, throwing a huge work event, and proving to everyone that she’s got it all figured out, Kamila isn’t letting herself get distracted–until her secret nemesis returns to town with an eye for Rohan. Suddenly, it seems like the more Kamila tries to plan, the more things are starting to unravel–and her perfectly ordered life is about to be turned upside down.
Book Format & Source: e-book ARC via NetGalley. I received a complimentary digital copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. Any ARC editing errors noticed are assumed corrected prior to the final published copy release.
Review & Thoughts:
- I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved Kamila and Rohan’s characters. Spicy, strong-willed, intelligent, thoughtful, and caring. I don’t know if I’d call this a second chance romance but I really enjoyed it and you could definitely classify it as friends to lovers!
- Kamila is a bad-a** b*tch and I’m totally here for it. This book made me want to watch a Bollywood movie, something I’ve never seen before.
- This was a great romance pick. Filled with dynamic characters, yummy food, and Bollywood fun!
- Themes: believing in yourself and knowing that you are worthy. Importance of being true to yourself, being your most authentic self. For you, not for anyone else. Not to prove someone wrong or to be what everyone else needs. You do you and be the best version of yourself, but your authentic self.
- Touches on additional themes: infidelity, lgbtq+ friendly, Indian culture and expectations, family, and business matters.
- Miscellaneous fun fact: I loved the dogs and the nickname of one of them!
Recommend for: fans of romance, fans of diverse BIPOC authors and characters
My Review Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥.5
Romance Steam Factor: PG13 – this is exactly how I like my romance. Just a hint to the behind the bedroom but not overly graphic.
You May Also Enjoy