This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Dot Journaling – A Practical Guide by Rachel Wilkerson Miller
Genre: Nonfiction Learning | Pub: 07.2017
Book Jacket Synopsis:
Organize your life, record what matters, and get stuff done!
What the heck is a dot journal? It’s a planner, to-do list, and diary for every aspect of your life: work, home, relationships, hobbies, everything.
Early adopter Rachel Wilkerson Miller explains how to make a dot journal work for you–whether you find the picture-perfect examples on Pinterest inspiring or, well, intimidating. You decide how simple or elaborate your journal will be, and what goes in there:
- Lists of your to-dos, to-don’ts, and more
- Symbols that will make those lists efficient and effective
- Spreads to plan your day, week, month, or year
- Trackers for your habits and goals (think health, money, travel)
- Accouterments such as washi tape, book darts, and more!
Purchase link: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Book Format & Source: Paperback copy purchased
Review & Thoughts:
- Dot Journaling was the first book I’ve ever read on how to create and keep a dot journal. It was thorough, informative, funny, and overall a great guide.
- Not only did this have good direction but I also found it inspiring and I connected with the author’s story and history about journaling. I connected with this and will be writing a separate blog post about it in the near future!
Favorite Quote: Planners and to-do lists typically focus on what you’re going to do, and diaries tend to focus on the things you’ve already done. But combining of these things gives us a complete picture of who we are.
Recommend for: anyone interested in dot journaling, organizing your daily/weekly/monthly/annual calendar, organizing your agenda and tasks in one place
My Review Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Recommended Journaling Supplies:
- 8 inch ruler (she recommends a 6″ ruler but I found the 8″ is better)
- Pilot juice black pens
- Grid dot journal
Leave a Reply