This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
Don’t Stop Believin’ by Olivia Newton John
Genre: Non-Fiction Memoir | Pub: 3.12.2019
Book Jacket Synopsis:
With candour, humour and warmth, legendary musician, actress, activist, and icon Olivia Newton-John reveals her life story – from her unforgettable rise to fame in the classic musical Grease to her passionate advocacy for health and wellness in light of her battles with cancer. Perfect for fans of Tina Turner’s My Love Story and Sally Field’s In Pieces, this international bestseller is an extraordinary can’t-miss memoir.
For more than five decades, Olivia Newton-John has been one of our most successful and adored entertainers. A four-time Grammy Award winner, she is one of the world’s bestselling recording artists of all time, with more than 100 million albums sold. Her starring roles in the iconic movies Grease and Xanadu catapulted her into super-stardom. Her appeal as a performer is timeless.
In addition to her music and screen successes, Olivia is perhaps best known for her strength, courage and grace. After her own personal journeys with cancer, she has thrived and become an inspiration for millions around the world. A tireless advocate for countless charities, her true passion is as the founding champion of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre in her hometown of Melbourne, Australia. Olivia has always radiated joy, hope and compassion – determined to be a force for good in the world.
Now she is sharing her journey, from Melbourne schoolgirl to international superstar, in this deeply personal book. Warm, candid and moving, Don’t Stop Believin’ is Olivia Newton-John’s story in her own words for the very first time.
Purchase link: Amazon
Book Format & Source: Audiobook via Libby app
Review & Thoughts:
- It was lovely listening to Olivia narrate her book.
- I enjoyed the flow and overall story. I loved learning more about her life and was glad that she discussed Grease and a fun bit with John Travolta.
- Feeling the good vibes and importance of health and wellness and the power of a positive attitude and natural remedies.
- I love what she did to cerate and raise funds for a cancer center.
- And of course, ya gotta love the Aussie accent!
- Lovely lady, lovely story, and definitely worth the listen or read.
Recommend for: fans of memoir, fans of Olivia Newton John, fans of Grease!
My Review Rating: ♥♥♥♥
You May Also Enjoy