This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy more books to review! Full disclosure here.
I Have Always Been Me: A Memoir by Precious Brady-Davis
Genre: Memoir | Pages | Published: 7.1.2021
Book Jacket Synopsis:
A powerful memoir of independence, releasing the past, and living the dream by award-winning trans advocate Precious Brady-Davis.
Precious Brady-Davis remembers the sense of being singular and grappling with “otherness.” Born into traumatic circumstances, Davis was brought up in the Omaha foster care system and the Pentecostal faith. As a biracial, gender-nonconforming kid, she felt displaced. Yet she realized by coming into her identity that she had a purpose all along.
In I Have Always Been Me, Brady-Davis reflects on a childhood of neglect, instability, and abandonment. She reveals her determination to dream through it and shares her profound journey as a trans woman now fully actualized, absolutely confident, and precious. She speaks to anyone who has ever tried to find their place in this world and imparts the wisdom that comes with surmounting odds and celebrating on the other side.
A memoir, a love story, and an outreach for the marginalized, Precious’s sojourn is a song of self-reliance and pride and an invitation to join in the chorus.
Purchase link: Amazon
Book Format & Source: Audiobook via Kindle Unlimited.
Review & Thoughts:
- This was one of the first books that I enjoyed as a hybrid of audio and kindle reading because I had access to the Kindle Unlimited e-book with audiobook.
- Impactful and interesting.
- Important themes of racism, lgbtq+, tans, trans marriage, trans pregnancy.
- I commend Precious for her authentic voice and sharing her story. She’s been through difficult times but she’s managed to pave her path in life and become who she was meant to be.
- This was a story of self discovery. Having the strength and determination to be true to yourself; to be unapologetically yourself.
Recommend for: fans of personal memoir, fans of Precious Brady-Davis
My Review Rating: ♥♥♥♥
You May Also Enjoy
Leave a Reply