February is filled with fun holidays! This month we’ve got National Library Lovers Month, Black History Month, and we can’t forget Galentine’s and Valentine’s Day. I love a good romance novel and today’s post is all about diverse romance reads.
I’ve recently discovered some wonderful authors from the Black, Latina, and Indian communities and I thought Valentine’s Day paired with Black History Month called for a book list dedicated to spreading the word about their novels!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy from my links, at no additional cost to you, I get a small commission so I can buy even more books to review! See full disclosure here.
Fall in Love with Romance
Featuring Black, Latina & Indian Authors
My keyword for 2021 is perspective and expanding the diversity in the books I pick up has become so important to me. It didn’t occur to me until some time last year that I didn’t have a lot of diversity in the novels that I purchased which ultimately meant I wasn’t supporting diverse authors and in turn meant I wasn’t expanding the diverse perspectives and experiences that I was reading about.
I grew up in a non-Spanish speaking home but have a cultural background of Caucasian and Hispanic [think Spain, Portugal, Porta Rican]. When people meet me and hear my maiden name they assume that I speak Spanish. Unfortunately the three years I took in high school didn’t help! Despite not being able to speak and understand Spanish, I love picking up books by Latina authors and feeling a strong connection to the unique and sassy characters that come across on the pages of their stories.
If you’re a romance book lover that’s looking to expand the diversity of the main characters of the books you pick up, you’re in luck because there’s so many fantastic romance [and romance series] available! I’ve recently discovered some wonderful books by Black authors, Latina authors, and Indian authors [and I especially love when they include tidbits about cultural foods that sound delicious and make my mouth water!]
Diverse Romance: Stand Alone Novels
Clickable links on the individual book titles will bring you to my book review post. The other novels have great reviews and reader feedback but please note I have not personally read them yet!
- Not The Girl You Marry by Andie J. Christopher | Amazon
- You Had Me At Hola by Alexis Daria | Amazon
- The Marriage Game by Sara Desai | Amazon
- The Dating Plan by Sara Desai | Amazon
- Ties That Tether by Jane Igharo | Amazon
- The Boy Toy by Nicola Marsh | Amazon
- The Trouble With Hating You by Sajni Patel | Amazon
- The Boyfriend Project by Farah Rochon | Amazon
- Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers | Amazon
- The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa | Amazon
- How to Fail at Flirting by Denise Williams | Amazon
- The Fastest Way to Fall by Denise Williams | Amazon
Diverse Romance: Series
The Rajes Series by Sonali Dev | 3 books | Amazon
- Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors 2. Recipe for Persuasion 3. Incense and Sensibility
The Wedding Date Series by Jasmine Guillory | 5 books | Amazon
The Brown Sisters by Talia Hibbert | 3 books | Amazon
Keys to Love by Priscilla Oliveras | 2 books | Amazon
- Island Affair 2. Anchored Hearts
The Friend Zone Series by Abby Jimenez | 3 books | Amazon
- The Friend Zone 2. The Happily Ever After Playlist 3. Life’s Too Short
The Playbook Series by Alexa Martin | 4 books | Amazon
- Intercepted 2. Fumbled 3. Blitzed 4. Snapped
Modern Love by Alisha Rai | 3 books | Amazon
- The Right Swipe 2. Girl Gone Viral 3.