November is all about gratitude and love. This month will mark two years of marriage for me and my husband! Thanksgiving is always a good reminder to take time to appreciate all of the wonderful things in our lives.
What’s new in my bookish world? Audiobooks have recently found their way into my reading time and I absolutely love it! I’ve worn hearing aids since I was in 2nd grade and have gotten a new set every few years as my ears grew and the technology improved. In October I read [number] books and [number] of them were audiobooks! I signed up for a trial run of Amazon Audible and Amazon Kindle Unlimited. I’ve found I prefer Kindle Unlimited regarding how much is available but I really enjoy the Amazon Audible Originals too.
Scroll on to check out all the new bookish goodness this month!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
Notable & New on the Blog:
- Looking for a fun bookish gift for yourself or a friend? Check out the Book Sleeves shop to see what’s available to order. Everything is 100% handmade! Go on, treat yourself while supporting a small business. P.S. Fun new prints have been added!
Ongoing Bookish Deals:
- Bookish Discount Codes:
- E-Book Discounts & Freebies; Check out my list of ongoing deals & freebie finds and my list of recommendations available in Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited subscription!
- Anticipated New Book Releases: January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December
- Bookish: New Small Business Venture: Book Sleeves | Subscription Box Love: Book of the Month | 2020 Vision: Focus on Finding Joy
On the Bookshelf:
Over the past few months I’ve been focusing on spending less time watching TV and more time reading books. Interested to know what I’ve read so far this year or looking for inspiration for your TBR? Check out the full list of books!
Books Read in November 2020:
- Audiobook: The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory, borrowed free from the Libby app | 4.0 Stars
- Hardback: That’s What She Said by Kimothy Joy, purchased from Book Outlet | 4.5 Stars
- Hardback: The Big She-Bang by Marisa Acocella, gifted copy from publisher Harper Wave | 3.5 Stars
- Hardback: Anxious People by Fredrik Backman, purchased from Book of the Month | 5.0 Stars
- Audiobook: The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory, borrowed free from the Libby app | 4.5 Stars
- Paperback: Pretending by Holly Bourne, gifted ARC from publisher MIRA | 4.0 Stars
Currently Reading & Listening to…
- Audiobook: Here for it by R. Eric Thomas, purchased via Amazon Audible
- Hardback: Atomic Habits by James clear, purchased copy at Target
- Paperback: You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life by Eleanor Roosevelt, purchased copy at Book Outlet
- Paperback: Great TED Talks: Creativity by Tom May, purchased copy at Costco
Books at the top of my TBR:
- Hardback: Cassandra Speaks by Elizabeth Lesser, gifted from publisher Harper Wave
- e-cookbook ARC: Clean Treats for Everyone by Laura Fuentes via NetGalley
- Paperback: The Switch by Beth O’Leary; The September ‘Books for Bubbly’ selection gifted from The Book Drop
- Paperback: Simmer Down by Sarah Smith; The October ‘Books for Bubbly’ selection gifted from The Book Drop
- Paperback: All About Us by Tom Ellen; The November ‘Books for Bubbly’ selection gifted from The Book Drop
- Paperback: Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill; Literati ‘Susan Orlean October Book Club Selection’
- Paperback: White Teeth by Zadie Smith; Literati ‘Malala October Book Club Selection’
- Hardback: Invisible Life of Addie LaRue; October ‘Book of the Month’ Selection
- Hardback: Transcendent Kingdom; October ‘Book of the Month’ Add-On
- Hardback: Woven in Moonlight; October ‘Book of the Month’ Add-On
Fun National & International ‘Holidays’ in November:
November is National Gratitude Month and November 1st is National Authors’ Month!