October is here and it’s officially Fall!
What’s new in my bookish world? Audiobooks have recently found their way into my reading time and I absolutely love it! I’ve worn hearing aids since I was in 2nd grade and have gotten a new set every few years as my ears grew and the technology improved.
My most recent set of hearing aids have the latest technology and want to know the best part? They pair with Bluetooth to my phone now!! Which means I’m able to listen to audiobooks directly into my ear, so now I can listen to books when I’m getting ready for work, doing laundry, and making dinner. Last month 5 of the 10 books I read were audiobooks!
Scroll on to check out all the new bookish goodness this month!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
Notable & New on the Blog:
- Looking for a fun bookish gift for yourself or a friend? My new book sleeve shop is officially open for business! Check out my Book Sleeves to see what’s available to order. Everything is 100% handmade! Go on, treat yourself while supporting a small business!
- P.S. Fun new prints have been added!
Ongoing Bookish Deals:
- Bookish Discount Codes:
- E-Book Discounts & Freebies; Check out my list of ongoing deals & freebie finds and my list of recommendations available in Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited subscription!
Popular Bookish Posts:
- Book List: Anticipated New Releases in October 2020
- Book List: Anticipated New Releases in September 2020
- August 2020 Reading Wrap-Up
- New Small Business Venture: Book Sleeves
- Subscription Box Love: Book of the Month
- 2020 Vision: Focus on Finding Joy
On the Bookshelf:
Over the past few months I’ve been focusing on spending less time watching TV and more time reading books. Interested to know what I’ve read so far this year or looking for inspiration for your TBR? Check out the full list of books!
Books Read in October 2020:
- Audiobook: Naturally Tan by Tan France bia Libby app | 4.0 Stars
- e-book ARC: Mom Boss by Hilary Grossman via author digital ARC | 4.0 Stars
- Audiobook: Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich via Libby app | 4.0 Stars
- e-book ARC: A California Christmas by Brenda Novak via NetGalley | 4.5 Stars
- Audiobook: Mindy Kaling Nothing Like I Imagined Collection of 6 Essays via Kindle Unlimited | 4.5 Stars
- e-book ARC: Christmas at Fireside Cabins by Jenny Hale via NetGalley | 4.0 Stars
Currently Reading & Listening to…
- e-book ARC: In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren via NetGalley
- Audiobook: The Bright Side of Going Dark by Kelly Harms via Kindle Unlimited
- Hardback: That’s What She Said by Kimothy Joy, purchased copy at Book Outlet
- Paperback: You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life by Eleanor Roosevelt, purchased copy at Book Outlet
- Paperback: Great TED Talks: Creativity by Tom May, purchased copy at Costco
Books at the top of my TBR:
- e-cookbook ARC: Clean Treats for Everyone by Laura Fuentes via NetGalley
- Paperback: The Switch by Beth O’Leary; The September ‘Books for Bubbly’ selection from The Book Drop
- Paperback: Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill; Literati ‘Susan Orlean October Book Club Selection’
- Paperback: White Teeth by Zadie Smith; Literati ‘Malala October Book Club Selection’
- Hardback: Invisible Life of Addie LaRue; October ‘Book of the Month’ Selection
- Hardback: Transcendent Kingdom; October ‘Book of the Month’ Add-On
- Hardback: Woven in Moonlight; October ‘Book of the Month’ Add-On
Fun National & International ‘Holidays’ in October:
October is book month and cookbook month!!