Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
October 2020 Edition
- Troubles in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand | October 6, 2020 by Little, Brown Company | What happened in Paradise? At last all will be revealed about the secrets and lies that led Irene and her sons to St. John — and to new lives that transformed them all.
- Return to Virgin River (#19) by Robyn Carr | October 13, 2020 by Harlequin | Welcome to Virgin River and the books that inspired the hit Netflix series…Don’t miss the eagerly anticipated new novel set in the beloved fictional town of Virgin River, where strangers become friends and everyone is welcome. It’s the perfect escape read you’ve been waiting for.
- Judge’s Girls by Sharina Harris | October 27, 2020 by Kensington Books | Three very different women. Only one thing in common. But when their family patriarch dies and they must share his estate, the truths they discover will test them–and everything they think they know about each other.
- The Forgotten Daughter The triumphant story of two women divided by their past, but united by friendship–inspired by true events by Joanna Goodman | October 27, 2020 by HarperCollins Publishers | For fans of Jojo Moyes, from the bestselling author of The Home for Unwanted Girls, comes another compulsively readable story of love and friendship, following the lives of two women reckoning with their pasts and the choices that will define their futures.
Romance / Romantic Comedy
- Simmer Down by Sarah Smith | October 13, 2020 by Berkley Publishing Group | In this finger-licking good rom-com, two is the perfect number of cooks in the kitchen.
- Snapped by Alexa Martin | October 20, 2020 by Berkley Publishing Group | With the stakes this high, it’s no longer just a game for the Mustang’s quarterback in this romance by the author of Blitzed.
- Points The Snow Ridge Chronicles: Book One by Lisa Doyle | October 20, 2020 by Lang Verhaal Company | While Bethany’s never fit into picture-perfect Snow Ridge, kindred spirit Ash moves to town her junior year and things finally start to look up.
- Love Your Life by Sophie Kinsella | October 27, 2020 by Random House Publishing Group | From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of I Owe You One, an utterly delightful novel about a woman who ditches her dating app for a writer’s retreat in Italy—only to find that real love comes with its own filters.
Non-Fiction & Food
- Vagina Problems Endometriosis, Painful Sex, and Other Taboo Topics by Lara Parker | October 6, 2020 by St. Martin’s Press | With unflinching honesty, Lara Parker, the Deputy Director for BuzzFeed, shares her day-to-day challenges of living, working, and loving with chronic pain caused by endometriosis in this raw, darkly humorous, and hopeful memoir.
- Undaunted Overcoming Doubts and Doubters by Kara Goldin | October 20, 2020 by HarperCollins Leadership | Don’t let anyone crush your dreams! Whatever you want to achieve, no matter how hard it might seem, you owe it to yourself to read this book. Undaunted will inspire you to move past your fears and defy the doubters. It doesn’t matter whether you feel confident; it matters what you actually do.
- Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon Recipes for Busy Weekdays and Leisurely Weekends by Tara Teaspoon | October 6, 2020 by Shadow Mountain Publishing | As a food editor and stylist for Martha Stewart, Tara knows how to create and showcase gorgeously themed meals for every lifestyle and occasion.
- American Cheese An Indulgent Odyssey Through the Artisan Cheese World by Joe Berkowitz | October 6, 2020 by HarperCollins Publishers | From the author of Away with Words, a deeply hilarious and unexpectedly insightful deep-dive into a cultural and culinary phenomenon: cheese.