Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
September 2020 Edition
- The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes by Elissa R. Sloan | September 1, 2020 | HarperCollins Publishers | Told in multiple perspectives—including Cassidy herself—and different timelines, this is a behind-the-scenes look into the rise and fall of a pop icon, and a penetrating examination of the dark side of celebrity and the industry that profits from it.
- Love Me Like You Do by Aimee Brown | September 17, 2020 | Aria | A runaway bride. A handsome stranger. Two pasts to put behind them. Will these two strangers allow serendipity to put them together, or will their fears keep them apart? From the bestselling author of The Lucky Dress comes a story about love, finding yourself and living your dreams.
- The Skylark’s Secret by Fiona Valpy | September 29, 2020 | Amazon Publishing UK | Loch Ewe, 1940. When gamekeeper’s daughter Flora’s remote highland village finds itself the base for the Royal Navy’s Arctic convoys, life in her close-knit community changes forever. In defiance of his disapproving father, the laird’s son falls in love with Flora, and as tensions build in their disrupted home, any chance of their happiness seems doomed.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig | September 29, 2020 | PENGUIN GROUP Viking | ‘Between life and death there is a library, and within that library, the shelves go on forever. Every book provides a chance to try another life you could have lived. To see how things would be if you had made other choices… Would you have done anything different, if you had the chance to undo your regrets?’A dazzling novel about all the choices that go into a life well lived, from the internationally bestselling author of Reasons to Stay Alive and How To Stop Time.
Romance / Chick-Lit
- American Royals II: Majesty by by Katharine McGee | September 1, 2020 | Random House | Is America ready for its first queen? If you can’t get enough of Harry and Meghan and Will and Kate, you’ll love this sequel to the New York Times bestseller that imagines America’s own royal family–and all the drama and heartbreak that entails. Crazy Rich Asians meets The Crown. Perfect for fans of Red, White, and Royal Blue and The Royal We.
- A Rogue of One’s Own by Evie Dunmore | September 1, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | A lady must have money and an army of her own if she is to win a revolution—but first, she must pit her wits against the wiles of an irresistible rogue bent on wrecking her plans…and her heart.
- In Case You Missed It by Lindsey Kelk | September 8, 2020 | HarperCollins Publishers | What if Mr Right was right in front of you all along? The laugh out loud new romantic comedy from the Sunday Times bestselling author – available to pre-order now! ‘Swoops you up and fills your heart with such joy’ Giovanna Fletcher, bestselling author of Some Kind of Wonderful and Eve of Man.
- Ties That Tether by Jane Igharo | September 29, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | One of Betches’ 7 Books by Black Authors You Need to Read This Summer. One of Elite Daily’s Books Featuring Interracial Relationships You Should Read In 2020. One of Marie Claire’s 2020 Books You Should Add to Your Reading List. When a Nigerian woman falls for a man she knows will break her mother’s heart, she must choose between love and her family.
- The Mister Rogers Effect 7 Secrets to Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others from America’s Beloved Neighbor by Dr. Anita Knight Kuhnley | September 1, 2020 | Baker Books | In a world increasingly divided by politics and social issues, we need Mister Rogers more than ever. For three decades, his presence was a healing balm to children of all ages. And though he is no longer with us, we can all adopt his attitudes and actions as models for our own lives.
- The Grit Factor Courage, Resilience, and Leadership in the Most Male-Dominated Organization in the World by Shannon Huffman Polson | September 8, 2020 | Harvard Business Review Press | With relatable takeaways like “your story is your strategy” and “push through the pushback,” The Grit Factor is both inspiring and pragmatic, a book that will motivate current and aspiring leaders everywhere–whether male or female.
- More Than a Woman by Caitlin Moran | September 15, 2020 | HarperCollins Publishers | The author of the international bestseller How to Be a Woman returns with another “hilarious neo-feminist manifesto” (NPR) in which she reflects on parenting, middle-age, marriage, existential crises—and, of course, feminism.
- Didn’t See That Coming Putting Life Back Together When Your World Falls Apart by Rachel Hollis | September 29, 2020 | Dey Street Books | Fear. Grief. Loss. Betrayal. Rachel Hollis has felt all those things. Now, she takes you to the other side.