Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
August 2020 Edition
- The Comeback by Ella Berman | August 3, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | A TODAY SHOW #ReadWithJenna BOOK CLUB PICK! “With nuance, wit, and humor, Berman weaves a narrative that is light and exciting, even while addressing difficult topics. At its core, this book is about redemption, grace, and pain. It is the perfect summer read.”—Jenna Bush Hager
- With You or Without You by Caroline Leavitt | August 4, 2020 | Algonquin Books | “With or Without You is a moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own. With tenderness and incisive insight, Leavitt spotlights a woman’s unexpected journey towards her art.” —Madeline Miller, author of Circe
- Rules of the Road by Ciara Geraghty | August 4, 2020 | HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing (U.S. & Canada) | The simple fact of the matter is that Iris loves life. Maybe she’s forgotten that. Sometimes that happens, doesn’t it? To the best of us? All I have to do is remind her of that one simple fact.
- Memories of Wild Rose Bay (Sandy Cove Book 5) by Susanne O’Leary | August 6, 2020 | Bookouture | A feel-good love story about taking chances and finding yourself, set under the endless, twinkling stars of the Wild Atlantic Way.
Romance / Chick-Lit
- Louisiana Lucky by Julie Pennell | August 5, 2020 | Atria Books | From the critically acclaimed author of The Young Wives Club, a “heartwarming story about friendship, heartache, and self-discovery” (Karen White, New York Times bestselling author), comes a charming novel reminiscent of the works of Mary Alice Monroe and Kristy Woodson Harvey, about three sisters who win a huge lottery prize and learn what it truly means to be lucky.
- Kiss My Cupcake by by Helena Hunting | August 11, 2020 | Forever (Grand Central Publishing) | From the USA Today bestselling author of Meet Cute, two neighborhood shop owners battle for business and prove opposites attract in this romantic comedy.
- Some Like it Greek by Sue Roberts | August 21, 2020 | Bookouture | There’s nothing like a summer escape. A sun-kissed story about living life to the full. In the month-from-hell, incurable optimist Anna has lost her father and her job, and her trademark smile is dimming. Clearing out her dad’s house, she discovers a postcard of a beautiful sandy beach and a map with a route plotted to the Greek island of Kefalonia.
- Under a Siena Sun by T.A. Williams | August 27, 2020 | Canelo | Lucy needed a change of scene. She didn’t expect the change of a lifetime. Doctors Without Borders has been Lucy Young’s life for the past four years. After an emergency extraction from a conflict zone, she’s making a change from saving lives under gunfire to practising medicine in safe, serene Siena.
- A Mind Spread Out on the Ground by Alicia Elliot | August 4, 2020 | Melville House Publishing | A bold and profound work by Haudenosaunee writer Alicia Elliott, A Mind Spread Out on the Ground is a personal and critical meditation on trauma, legacy, oppression and racism in North America.
- Lead Like a Woman: Gain Confidence, Navigate Obstacles, Empower Others by Deborah Smith Pegues | August 11, 2020 | Harvest House Publishers | In Lead Like a Woman, former Fortune 500 executive Deborah Smith Pegues shows that your uniquely female qualities can position you for success—if you know how to use them.
- Live in Love Growing Together Through Life’s Changes by Lauren Akins; Mark Dagostino | August 18, 2020 | Random House Publishing Group – Ballantine | In this refreshing and inspiring memoir, Lauren Akins, the wife of country music star Thomas Rhett, shows what it’s really like to be “the perfect couple” fans imagine, and reveals what it actually takes to live in love, stay in love, and grow together.
- Sitting Pretty The View from My Ordinary Resilient Disabled Body by Rebekah Taussig | August 25, 2020 | HarperCollins Publishers | A memoir-in-essays from disability advocate and creator of the Instagram account @sitting_pretty Rebekah Taussig, processing a lifetime of memories to paint a beautiful, nuanced portrait of a body that looks and moves differently than most.