August is here and Summer is in full swing!
As you know, one of my favorite ways to keep myself entertained is with a good book. Thankfully there’s plenty of great reading material available and tons of fantastic new books coming out this month too! This month you’ll find out what books I’m reading, what I thought of books I read last month, what new books are coming out, and a smattering of fun bookish posts along the way.
Can I be honest with you guys? I have a bit of a shopping problem, especially when it comes to books and I’m [only slightly] embarrassed to admit that I received quite a few book haul deliveries in June and July. The TBR book piles are starting to grow on our bookshelves and I may have to put myself on a brief no book buying break until I read more of my unread books! Let’s see how long I can go without buying new books [oh, but my monthly book subscriptions totally don’t count ;)]
Scroll on to check out all the bookish goodness!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
Notable & New on the Blog:
Ongoing Bookish Deals:
- My new small business shop is officially open! Check out my new Book Sleeves or head straight over to my new Etsy shop!
- E-Book Discounts & Freebies | Love eBooks but prefer to buy on sale? Check out the e-book deals page for current deals
- Book Subscription Discount Codes:
Popular Bookish Posts:
- Book List: Anticipated New Releases in August 2020
- Interview with Author Susan Mallery: The Friendship List
- Book List: Anticipated New Releases in July 2020
- Subscription Box Love: Book of the Month
- Book Feature & Author Interview with Hilary Grossman
- 2020 Vision: Focus on Finding Joy
On the Bookshelf:
July was one of my best reading months so far this year and August will likely be even better! I’ve been focusing on spending less time watching TV and more time reading books to entertain me. Interested to know what I’ve read so far this year or looking for inspiration for your TBR? Check out the full list of books!
Books Read in August 2020:
- I’ve Got This Round by Mamrie Hart | 3.75 Stars
- Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev | 4.5 Stars
- Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat by Patricia Williams | 4 Stars
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella | 4 Stars
- The Giver of Stars by JoJoy Moyes | 4.5 Stars
- Wildflower by Drew Barrymore | 4 Stars
- Get A Life Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert | 4 Stars
- [Currently Reading] Great TED Talks: Creativity by Tom May
Fun National & International ‘Holidays’ in August:
There’s a whole list but the one I’m most excited about is Book Lovers Day is on the 9th!