Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
July 2020 Edition
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London | July 7, 2020 | Random House Publishing Group – Random House | Real love . . . as seen on TV. A plus-size bachelorette brings a fresh look to a reality show in this delightful, razor-sharp debut.
- What You Wish For by Katherine Center | July 14, 2020 | St. Martin’s Press |“The story’s message, that people should choose joy even (and especially) in difficult and painful times, seems tailor-made for this moment. A timely, uplifting read about finding joy in the midst of tragedy, filled with quirky characters and comforting warmth.”—Kirkus (starred review). From the New York Times bestselling author of How to Walk Away comes a stunning new novel full of heart and hope.
- The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel | July 21, 2020 | Gallery Books | Inspired by an astonishing true story from World War II, a young woman with a talent for forgery helps hundreds of Jewish children flee the Nazis in this unforgettable historical novel from the international bestselling author of the “epic and heart-wrenching World War II tale” (Alyson Noel, #1 New York Times bestselling author) The Winemaker’s Wife.
- Musical Chairs by Amy Poeppel | July 21, 2020 | Atria Books | The “quick-witted and razor-sharp” (Taylor Jenkins Reid, New York Times bestselling author of Daisy Jones & The Six) author of Limelight and Small Admissions returns with a hilarious and heartfelt new novel about a perfectly imperfect summer of love, secrets, and second chances.
Romance & Chick-Lit
- The Heir Affair by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan | July 7, 2020 | Grand Central Publishing | Making it up the aisle was the easy part: Rebecca “Bex” Porter must survive her own scandals and adjust to royal British life in this “highly anticipated” follow-up to The Royal We, a “fun and dishy” bestseller (People).
- Not Like the Movies (Waiting For Tom Hanks #2) by Kerry Winfrey | July 7, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | What happens when your life is a rom-com . . . but you don’t even believe in true love?
- Hello, Again by Isabelle Broom | July 9, 2020 | Hodder & Stoughton | A romantic and sweeping story about friendship, love and realising that sometimes it’s about the journey, not the destination.
- Romeantically Challenged by Marina Adair | July 28, 2020 | Kensington Books | “Small town sweetness, endearing characters and a unique quirky flair.”
—Carly Phillips, New York Times bestselling author.
- Say Yes to What’s Next: How to Age with Elegance and Class While Never Losing Your Beauty and Sass! by Lori Allen | July 14, 2020 | Thomas Nelson | Women today are facing so much uncertainty—about life and the future. The need to pivot is stronger than ever, but many of us feel powerless to change or simply don’t know how to take that essential first step.
- Your Second Act: Inspiring Stories of Reinvention by Patricia Heaton | July 21, 2020 | Simon & Schuster | An entertaining, inspirational book about second acts in life and reinventing yourself from beloved television actress Patricia Heaton—Emmy Award–winning star of Everybody Loves Raymond, The Middle, and most recently, Carol’s Second Act.
- Break the Good Girl Myth: How to Dismantle Outdated Rules, Unleash Your Power, and Design a More Purposeful Life by Majo Molfino | July 28, 2020 | HarperCollins Publishers | Women: it’s time to break the good girl myths that are holding you back and share your true gifts with this groundbreaking book from Stanford University-trained designer and women’s leadership expert Majo Molfino.
- Who Cares Wins: Reasons For Optimism in Our Changing World by Lily Cole | July 30, 2020 | Penguin Books | Optimism demands action. Optimism is an active choice. Optimism is not naïve and it is not impossible.