Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
June 2020 Edition
Fiction & Romance
- Summer at Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale | June 2, 2020 | Forever | From USA Today bestselling author Jenny Hale comes an unforgettable beach read about family, friendship, and the magic of finding true love, perfect for fans of Jill Shalvis and Susan Mallery!
- It Started With a Secret by Jill Mansell | June 2, 2020 | Sourcebooks Landmark | Their happy-ever-after is within reach…but only if they’re willing to tell the truth.
- Miss Cecily’s Recipes for Exceptional Ladies by Vicky Zimmerman | June 9, 2020 | Sourcebooks Landmark | Food for feasting, friends are for savoring, and the way to a man’s heart is…irrelevant.
- Always the Last to Know by Kristan Higgins | June 9, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | Sometimes you have to break a family to fix it. From New York Times bestselling author Kristan Higgins, a new novel examining a family at the breaking point in all its messy, difficult, wonderful complexity.
- 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand | June 16, 2020 | Little, Brown and Company | By the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Summer of ’69: Their secret love affair has lasted for decades — but this could be the summer that changes everything.
- Can I Give My Husband Back? by Kristen Bailey | June 19, 2020 | Bookoture | It’s normal to prefer getting a filling at the dentist’s to spending time with your husband, right?
- Head Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein | June 23, 2020 | Atria Books | From the author of the Love at First Like and Playing with Matches, an electrifying rom-com set in the high stakes world of competitive gymnastics, full of Hannah Orenstein’s signature “charm, whimsy, and giddy romantic tension” (BuzzFeed).
- That Summer in Maine by Brianna Wolfson | June 23, 2020 | Harlequin Publishing | A novel about mothers and daughters, about taking chances, about exploding secrets and testing the boundaries of family
- Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan | June 30, 2020 | Doubleday Books | The iconic author of the bestselling phenomenon Crazy Rich Asians returns with the glittering tale of a young woman who finds herself torn between two men: the WASPY fiancé of her family’s dreams and George Zao, the man she is desperately trying to avoid falling in love with.
Non-Fiction & Business
- No Rules by Sharon Dukett | June 2, 2020 | She Writes Press | It’s 1971 in Connecticut, and sixteen-year-old Sharon’s parents think that, because she’s a girl, she should become a clerical office worker after high school and live at home until she marries and has a family. But Sharon wants to join the hippies and be part of the changing society, so she leaves home and heads to California.
- The Power of Ritual: Turning Everyday Activities into Soulful Practices by Casper ter Kuile | June 23, 2020 | HarperCollins Publisher | Casper ter Kuile, a Harvard Divinity School fellow and cohost of the popular Harry Potter and the Sacred Text podcast, explores how we can nourish our souls by transforming common, everyday practices—yoga, reading, walking the dog—into sacred rituals that can heal our crisis of social isolation and struggle to find purpose—a message we need more than ever…
- I Tried to Change So You Don’t Have To by Loni Love | June 23, 2020 | Hachette Book | An inspiring, hilarious memoir about learning to resist the pressures of conformity, love yourself for who you are, embrace your flaws, and unlock your true potential.