Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
May 2020 Edition
Fiction & Romance
- Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner | May 5, 2020 | Atria Books | The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the “nothing short of brilliant” (People) Mrs. Everything returns with an unforgettable novel about friendship and forgiveness set during a disastrous wedding on picturesque Cape Cod.
- Brunch and Other Obligations by Suzanne Nugent | May 5, 2020 | She Writes Press | Filled with heartwrenching scenes and witty prose, Brunch and Other Obligations explores the intricate dynamics of girlhood acquaintances who are forced to reconnect as women. This upbeat novel reminds readers that there’s hope for getting through the hard times in life—with a lot of patience, humor, and a standing brunch date.
- Secrets From a Happy Marriage by Maisey Yates | May 12, 2020 | Harlequin | New York Times bestselling author Maisey Yates’s new novel introduces the women of the Lighthouse Inn B&B. They might not have it all together, but this summer, they’ll discover that together, they might still have it all…
- The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti | May 12, 2020 | Harlequin | The real drama happens offstage in this juicy novel about a former A-list actress who must spend the summer at the idyllic theater where she got her start. But with a first love and celebrity rivals present, will this be the second chance she imagined or her last act?
- Happy And You Know It by Laura Hankin | May 19, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | A dark, witty page-turner about a struggling young musician who takes a job singing for a playgroup of overprivileged babies and their effortlessly cool moms, only to find herself pulled into their glamorous lives and dangerous secrets….
- Beach Read by Emily Henry | May 19, 2020 | Berkley Publishing Group | A romance writer who no longer believes in love and a literary writer stuck in a rut engage in a summer-long challenge that may just upend everything they believe about happily ever afters.
- A Happy Catastrophe by Maddie Dawson | May 26, 2020 | Lake Union Publishing | From the bestselling author of Matchmaking for Beginners comes a novel about love, loss, and the beautiful mess of family.
Non-Fiction & Business
- The Upside of Being Down by Jen Gotch | May 1, 2020 | Gallery Books | An entertaining, humorous, and inspirational memoir by the founder and chief creative officer of the multimillion-dollar lifestyle brand ban.do, who “has become a hero among women (and likely some men too) who struggle with mental health” (Forbes).
- The Rural Diaries by Hilarie Burton Morgan | May 5, 2020 | Harper Collins Publisher | The beloved actress and star of One Tree Hill, White Collar, and Lethal Weapon, Hilarie Burton Morgan, tells the story of leaving Hollywood for a radically different kind of life in upstate New York with her husband Jeffrey Dean Morgan—a celebration of community, family, and the value of hard work in small town America.
- This is Not a Fashion Story by Danielle Bernstein | May 12, 2020 | Independent Publishers Group | A revealing (in more ways than one) tell-all from Long Island girl-turned-international fashion influencer, designer, CEO, and tech entrepreneur Danielle Bernstein, the creative genius behind the hit style platform @WeWoreWhat.
- Bezonomics: How Amazon is Changing Our Lives and What the World’s Best Companies Are Learning From It by Brian Dumaine | May 12, 2020 | Scribner | An in-depth, revelatory, and unbiased look at Amazon’s world-dominating business model, the current competitors either imitating or trying to outfox Amazon, and the ways Bezonomics is shaping the life of every American consumer—from an award-winning Fortune magazine writer.
- Power Moves: How Women Can Pivot, Reboot, and Build a Career of Purpose by Lauren McGoodwin | May 19, 2020 | Harper Collins Publisher | From the founder of the influential website Career Contessa, an invaluable career resource for women feeling stuck or unfulfilled that combines actionable advice, learning tools to make impactful life changes, and an in-depth discussion of how to build a meaningful career on your terms.