Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books to Consider for Your TBR List
April 2020 Edition
Non-Fiction & Business
- Betsey: A Memoir by by Betsey Johnson; Mark Vitulano | April 7, 2020 | Penguin Group Viking | A memoir by the internationally famous fashion designer and style icon.
- More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth | April 28, 2020 | Penguin Group Penguin Books | Throughout her life, Elaine Welteroth has climbed the ranks of media and fashion, shattering ceilings along the way. In this riveting and timely memoir, the groundbreaking journalist unpacks lessons on race, identity, and success through her own journey, from navigating her way as the unstoppable child of an unlikely interracial marriage in small-town California to finding herself on the frontlines of a modern movement for the next generation of change makers.
- Love, Life, and Lucille: Lessons Learned from a Centenarian by Judy Gaman | April 14, 2020 | She Writes Press | Judy Gaman was so busy making a name for herself that she barely took the time to meet a stranger, enjoy life, or simply stop to breathe. Immersed in her job as the director of business development for a high-profile medical practice—a job that required her to write health and wellness books and host a nationally syndicated radio show—she spent every day going full speed ahead with no looking back. That is, until the day she met Lucille Fleming.
- Everything is Under Control by A Memoir with Recipes by Phyllis Grant | April 21, 2020 | Farrar, Straus and Giroux | Phyllis Grant’s Everything Is Under Control is a memoir about appetite as it comes, goes, and refocuses its object of desire. Grant’s story follows the sometimes smooth, sometimes jagged, always revealing contours of her life
- Good Morning, Destroyer of Men’s Souls: A Memoir of Women, Addiction, and Love by Nina Renata Aron | April 21, 2020 | Crown Publishing | A scorching memoir of a love affair with an addict, weaving personal reckoning with psychology and history to understand the nature of addiction, codependency, and our appetite for obsessive love.
- Joy at Work by Marie Kondo | April 7, 2020 | Little, Brown and Company | Declutter your desk and brighten up your business with this transformative guide from an organizational psychologist and the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- Act 3: The Art of Growing Older by Judith & Adrian Reith | April 2, 2020 | Unbound | We’re living longer, in better health, with higher expectations than any generation in human history. With an extra adult chapter to look forward to, what will you do? Who else could you be? How will you evolve the best plan for your life between 50 and 80?
- Drive: 9 Lessons to Win in Business and in Life by Kelley Earnhardt Miller | April 7, 2020 | Thomas Nelson–W Publishing | An inspirational, practical guide to success in business and life learned through the opportunities and challenges of growing up as the daughter of NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt Sr. and becoming one of the most influential women in professional sports. A successful businesswoman shares her story of growing up in the world of NASCAR and the lessons she learned along the way.
- You’re a Miracle (and a Pain in the Ass) by Mike McHargue | April 28, 2020 | Convergent Books | Why is there such a gap between what you want to do and what you actually do? The host of Ask Science Mike explains why our desires and our real lives are so wildly different—and what you can do to close the gap.
- Becoming Bulletproof by Evy Poumpouras | April 21, 2020 | Atria Books | Former Secret Service agent and star of Bravo’s Spy Games Evy Poumpouras shares lessons learned from protecting presidents, as well insights and skills from the oldest and most elite security force in the world to help you prepare for stressful situations, instantly read people, influence how you are perceived, and live a more fearless life.
Fiction & Women’s Fiction
- Queenie Malone’s Paradise Hotel by Ruth Hogan | April 14, 2020 | HarperCollins Publisher | From the wildly popular bestselling author of The Keeper of Lost Things comes a surprising and uplifting story about the complicated relationships between mothers and daughters, and the magic of chosen family.
- Pretty Things by Janelle Brown | April 21, 2020 | Random House | Two wildly different women—one a grifter, the other an heiress—are brought together by the scam of a lifetime in a page-turner from the New York Times bestselling author of Watch Me Disappear.
- (Im)perfectly Happy by Sharina Harris | April 28, 2020 | Kensington Books | When four college friends formed the Brown Sugarettes Mastermind Group, they had very different goals—but matched each other in ambition. Yet ten years later they can’t help wondering what happened to the hopeful, confident, driven women they used to be—and how to get
them back . . .
- What the Heart Remembers Most by M. Ullrich | April 14, 2020 | Bold Strokes Books, Inc. | Fate will find a way to intervene when it’s least expected.
- The Joy of Falling by Lindsay Harrel | April 14, 2020 | Thomas Nelson Fiction | Eva and Angela must learn to live again. One step at a time.
It has been fifteen months since Eva and Angela lost their thrill-seeking husbands in a scuba diving accident. Both women are trying to navigate their way through the grief, but neither one is making much progress.
Chick-Lit & Romance
- Fake it Till You Make It by Anne Harper | April 20, 2020 | Entangled Publishing, LLC | Keeping secrets in a small town like Arbor Bay isn’t easy. And Brady was never meant to be the guy for a pitch-perfect ending…
- The Business of Lovers by Eric Jerome Dickey | April 21, 2020 | Dutton Books | All is fair in love and lust in New York Times bestselling author Eric Jerome Dickey’s tale of two brothers, four women, and the business of desire.
- Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras | April 28, 2020 | Kensington Books | Sought-after social media influencer Sara Vance, in recovery from an eating disorder, is coming into her own, with a potential career expansion on the horizon. Despite the good news, her successful siblings (and their perfect spouses) have a way of making her feel like the odd one out. So, when her unreliable boyfriend is a no-show for a Florida family vacation, Sara recruits Luis Navarro—a firefighter paramedic and dive captain willing to play the part of her smitten fiancé . . .
- The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez | April 14, 2020 | Forever (Grand Central Publishing) | From the USA Today bestselling author of The Friend Zone comes an adorable and fresh romantic comedy about one trouble-making dog who brings together two perfect strangers.
- My Greek Island Summer by Mandy Baggot | April 2, 2020 | Aria | Two weeks. One unforgettable trip to Corfu. A chance to change her life.
- You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle | April 7, 2020 | Penguin Group Putnam | When your nemesis also happens to be your fiancé, happily ever after becomes a lot more complicated in this wickedly funny, lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy debut.
- Meet Me At Midnight by by Jessica Pennington | April 7, 2020 | Tom Doherty Associates | Teens waging a war of practical jokes declare peace when they fall for one another in this charming YA romantic comedy from Jessica Pennington.
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary | April 16, 2020 | Quercus Books | When overachiever Leena Cotton is ordered to take a two-month sabbatical after blowing a big presentation at work, she escapes to her grandmother Eileen’s house for some overdue rest. Eileen is newly single and about to turn eighty. She’d like a second chance at love, but her tiny Yorkshire village doesn’t offer many eligible gentlemen.