New year, new decade, new book lists!! Looking to fill your shelves with new books for the new year? There’s so many fantastic books being published in 2020 that I can hardly keep track of them all! Scroll on to learn about the new books to watch out for and add them to your TBR (To Be Read) list!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
New Books Being Published to Watch Out For
January 2020 Edition
Looking to fill your shelves or e-reader with brand new books? Here’s a list of 23 books to check out that are being published this month. This list includes Fiction/Women’s Fiction, Chick-Lit/Romance, and Business/Non-Fiction titles.
Fiction & Women’s Fiction
- January 7th | You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley | Berkley Publishing Group | Delivers a heart-wrenching and unforgettable love story about a woman who must choose between the man she loves and the man fate has chosen for her, in a novel that reminds us that the best life is one led by the heart.
- January 7th | Mixed Doubles by Jill Mansell | Sourcebooks Landmark | New Year’s resolutions never go according to plan…
- January 7th | Moral Compass by Danielle Steel | Dell / Random House | At an elite private school in Massachusetts, a wide circle of lives will be forever changed by a devastating series of events in Danielle Steel’s riveting new novel.
- January 14th | Big Lies in a Little Town by Diane Chamberlaine | “Chamberlain’s depictions of creative beauty and perseverance across time and in the face of inevitable obstacles will keep readers turning the pages.”—Publishers Weekly
- January 14th | Followers by Megan Angelo | Harlequin | An electrifying story of two dream-chasing friends, the dark choices they make, and the profound moment that changes the meaning of privacy forever.
- January 15th | Annie Beaton’s Year of Positive Thinking by Mink Elliott | Hera Books | It’s Annie Beaton’s 50th birthday! But instead of getting roses and perfume, she gets sacked, her son, Ben, tells her she’s growing a beard and her husband Joe tells her he wants a divorce.
- January 17th | The Day that Changed Everything by Catherine Miller | Bookouture | This stunning tale will make you laugh and cry in equal measure, hold your loved ones close and see the beauty in the little things in life.
- January 20th | Finding Tranquility by Laura Heffernan | Empress | Jess Cooper lost her husband on 9/11. Just not in the way she thought.
- January 21st | Almost Just Friends by Jill Shalvis | Harper Collins | New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis returns to Wildstone with the touching story of finding your place in the world—and the people who make it home.
- January 28th | Shall We Dance? by Shelly Shepard Gray | Blackstone Publishing | New York Times bestselling author Shelley Shepard Gray transports readers back to Bridgeport in her new Dance with Me series, centered around a dance studio in the beloved, fictional small town.
Chick-Lit & Romance
- January 9th | Unexpected Lessons in Love by Lucy Dillon | Random House UK | What happens when ‘I do’ turns into ‘I don’t know’?
- January 10th | No, We Can’t Be Friends by Sophie Ranald | Bookotoure | Everyone knows a girl like Sloane. She was always The Single One. She never brought a plus-one to weddings. She was the woman you’d set up with your single cousin. She joined ballroom dancing classes to meet men and was the queen of online dating.
- January 13th | The Tanglewood Wedding Shop by Lilac Mills | Canelo | Something old, something new, something borrowed, something untrue…
- January 21st | Tweet Cute by Emma Lord | St. Martin’s Press | A fresh, irresistible rom-com from debut author Emma Lord about the chances we take, the paths life can lead us on, and how love can be found in the opposite place you expected.
- January 28th | Fashion Jungle by Kathy Ireland & Rachel Van Dyken | Four women… Four very different paths. One incredibly cutthroat world. Welcome to the Jungle.
- January 28th | Marriage on Madison Avenue by Lauren Layne | Gallery Books | The final installment of the Central Park Pact series, a heartfelt and laugh-out-loud romantic comedy
Non-Fiction & Business
- January 1st | Emotional Detox for Anxiety 7 Steps to Release Anxiety and Energize Joy by Sherianna Boyle | Adams Media | Author and wellness expert Sherianna Boyle shows you how to C.L.E.A.N.S.E your anxieties, clearing a path for new positive habits, behaviors, and emotions.
- January 7th | Basic Bitch! Practical Advice from a Real Mom Queen by Melissa Pocza | Carpenter’s Son Publishing | Who says being basic is bad? You are unique and beautiful and it’s time to embrace your sparkle!
- January 9th | Hype Yourself by Lucy Werner | Practical Inspiration Publishing | Hype Yourself is an invaluable toolkit for getting you and your business featured in the media: newspapers, magazines, radio and TV.
- January 21st | All the F*cking Mistakes by Gigi Engle | St. Martin’s Press | Come As You Are meets How to Date Men When You Hate Men in this sex handbook for the millennial feminist on how to own your body and sexuality, and use that confidence to take charge of your life
- January 28th | Good Morning, I Love You by Shauna Shapiro, Ph. D | Sounds True | Discover the Transformative Effects of Being Kind to Yourself
- January 28th | Billion Dollar Brand Club by Lawrence Ingrassia | Henry Holt & Company | A leading business journalist takes us inside a business revolution: the upstart brands taking on the empires that long dominated the trillion-dollar consumer economy.
- January 28th | The Future is Faster Than You Think by Peter H. Diamandis: Steven Kotler | Simon & Schuster | From the New York Times bestselling authors of Abundance and Bold comes a practical playbook for technological convergence in our modern era.
Let us know if you discovered something new and added it to your TBR list!!