Summer is officially here! The first days of Summer may have been a bit gloomy but we’re all looking forward to the dreamy gorgeous days that await us, right?!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
Find Joy in Summer Reading
Summer signifies a new season of books just itching to be picked up and read. Is it any surprise some of my favorite childhood memories revolve around books and reading? As a child reading in the Summer was awesome because you got to choose what books you wanted to read [rather than reading from an assigned reading list for class].
Reading in the Summer was rewarding both mentally and literally. When I was little we used to participate in the library’s Summer reading program where they gave away fun rewards for reading books. If my memory serves correctly, they used to give away fun treats and goodies when you logged 5, 10, 15, and 20 books. The rewards were fun but the true reward for me was always in the pleasure of reading itself and getting immersed in the stories.
Whether you enjoy reading from the comfort of your home, laid out on a towel at the beach, or poolside with a cocktail in hand, everyone can enjoy a great summer read. Reading is one of the greatest forms of self-care and it’s one of the easiest things to do. All you need is yourself, a source of light, and a great book.
Perhaps you’re looking for a fun romance, a new series to fall in love with, a story with a travel destination, or maybe you’re looking for something inspirational to move you forward in your life’s journey, this is a comprehensive list that’s sure to have something that will peak your interest.
There’s limitless options when it comes to books to read this Summer, so I’ve curated a selection I think you’ll enjoy. Each book on this list received a 4 or 5 star rating from me, which means they all come with my stamp of approval. Don’t be shy, go ahead, pull up a chair and indulge in a new book!
- Dying to Meet You by Rich Amooi
- In the Swim of Things by Tracie Banister
- Summer by the Sea by Jenny Hale
- Summer at Rose Island by Holly Martin
- Queen of the Universe by Geralyn Corcillo
- Ella’s Ice Cream Summer by Sue Watson
- Summer Flings and Dancing Dreams by Sue Watson
- Those Summer Nights by Mandy Baggot
- An Eclair to Remember by Rich Amooi
- Game of Scones by Samantha Tonge
Series so good you’ll want to read one after another!
- Seasons of Summer, collection of 4 novellas by Melissa Baldwin
- The Girls trilogy by Rachel Hollis
- Astonvale series by Carla Caruso
- Queen of the League series by Laura Chapman
- Anything by Addison Cole
- Dreaming of Rome by T.A. Williams
- Dreaming of St Tropez by T.A. Williams
- Beautiful Messy Love by Tess Woods
- Love at First Flight by Tess Woods
- The Year of Starting Over by Karen King
- Playing with Matches by Hannah Orenstein
- Bridges: A Daphne White Novel by Maria Murnane
- Sea of Memories by Fiona Valpy
- The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
- The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel
Non-Fiction / Memoir
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union
- Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me by Lily Collins
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- The Gratitude Diaries by Janice Kaplan
- Imperfect Courage by Jessica Honegger
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
What are some books you’ve enjoyed recently?