This past weekend many people celebrated Passover or Easter, or maybe even both! We went to my fiance’s family for Easter on Sunday and we made a delicious fruit salad that everyone loved. Today I’m going to share the recipe with you.
Although I love fruit I’ve never been a big fan of fruit salad. About a year ago I realized I didn’t like fruit salad because the only ones I’d ever tried had melon in them. I’ve learned that even if you love melon you don’t want to use it in your fruit salad. Berries, peaches, bananas, grapes, and pineapple mix well together, and tossing in a bit of Grand Marnier gives it the perfect finishing touch!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means when you click on a link and purchase any item on that site, there is no additional cost to you but I receive a small commission. Thank you for your support.
An easy and delicious fruit salad perfect for a large gathering
- 1 lb Strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 pint Blackberries
- 1 bunch Red Grapes
- 1 15-29 oz can Sliced Peaches, rinsed and drained
- 1 fresh Pineapple, sliced (or a 20 oz can sliced pineapple)
- 2 medium Bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier (or to taste)
In a large bowl combine all fruit
Stir in Grand Marnier to taste
Chill and serve
If you can find fruit in season I always recommend buying fresh. Peaches tend to be hard to buy ripe and they're difficult to cut, so I always recommend using canned peaches. We prefer fresh pineapple but it can be difficult to find a ripe one and if that's the case you could use canned slices if you prefer. You don't have to use Grand Marnier but it really gives the overall fruit salad the perfect finish.
Fun National Holidays this week:
- Monday 2nd: International Children’s Book Day | National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day | World Autism Awareness Day
- Tuesday 3rd: Don’t Go to Work Unless it’s Fun Day | National Chocolate Mousse Day | World Party Day
- Wednesday 4th: School Librarian Day | Vitamin C Day | Hug a Newsman Day
- Thursday 5th: National Caramel Day | National Burrito Day | Tell a Lie Day
- Friday 6th: Caramel Popcorn Day | Walk to Work Day | Drowsy Driver Awareness Day
- Saturday 7th: No Housework Day | World Health Day | National Beer Day
- Sunday 8th: Zoo Lovers Day | International Feng Shui Awareness Day
Tell us, what do you put in your fruit salads?