Today I’m going to share two of my favorite drink recipes with you. In keeping with the tone of my month-long giveaway sponsored by Culinary Corner, I used their black silicone ice molds to use in my drinks. Today’s focus is on their silicone ice molds. Check out last week’s Oreo Mint Chunk Cookies and the previous week’s Artichoke Spinach Dip if you missed them! If you haven’t had a chance to enter the giveaway yet, you can do so by clicking this link: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Please note, this giveaway has ended.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here. Thanks!
I don’t know about you, but I love mixing drinks! There’s a couple tried-and-true recipes that my family and I love. But please be warned, these drinks run a bit on the sweet side, so I wouldn’t suggest them if you don’t like your drinks sweet. Please remember to drink responsibly! If you’re ever anywhere and you aren’t capable of driving home, get a ride; from a friend, a parent, a taxi or from one of the popular car services that are widely available these days.
When I’m feeling adventurous and in the mood for something sweet I always reach for something with Midori and pineapple juice. Do you like your drinks sweet too? Scroll on for a two recipes you might enjoy!
The first recipe I’m going to share is for a very strong drink that my family likes to call the Deltoro Grass Skirt. Make sure you’re at home, getting a ride, or staying the night if you venture out and try this one! My family adapted this recipe after trying a seriously delicious drink at a nice restaurant in Santa Barbara for my sister’s college graduation dinner quite a few years back. The staff was kind enough to tell us the types of ingredients that were in the drink, but weren’t allowed to tell us the exact amounts of each. We spent an entire summer testing the measurements for this concoction and this was the recipe that we finally decided upon.
The second recipe is for a Midoritini. My parents have had this recipe in the kitchen for a long time, so I can’t really tell you where it originally came from, other than to say that it’s been adapted from recipes we’ve found over time. My best guess would be that it originally came from the Midori website or something in associate with the brand, but I can’t say for sure.
If you don’t want alcohol but you’re in the mood for a sweet drink, try one of my favorite non-alcoholic treats from Trader Joe’s. Their Pink Lemonade is made with organic lemons and it’s low-cal with less sugar than most other juices or lemonades I’ve ever tried. Simply open the pre-made lemonade and pour over ice. Try it over a large round ice cube in a short drinking glass for a fun and festive sweet drink!
No matter how you prepare your drinks, please drink responsibly and be mindful of how much you’ve had to drink. What are your favorite drink recipes? I’d love to hear from you!
Here’s the product detail description from Amazon:
- This 100% silicone 2.5 inch ice ball mold set creates slow melting ice spheres to dress up any highball glass or mug without the worry of diluting your actual drink. From water to your highest end liquor, enjoy your ice cold drink conveniently at your own pace without the need to get up and refill with more ice.
- Ice mold top and bottom fit snug to avoid leaks. Simply fill with water (or another liquid for fun) and store with ease in the freezer as the flat mold bottom helps keep a secured position without tipping over. Once frozen, remove ice sphere from the mold with ease.
- 100% top rack dishwasher safe; feel free to hand wash with light soap and air dry. We offer a lifetime guarantee with every product purchase.
- Silicone ice mold sets are great for holiday and birthday gifts, or simply for adding to upgrade your barware setup.
- FDA approved; BPA free. The ice ball mold set is made of food grade safe silicone.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a set of the silicone ice molds (in addition to 3 other Culinary Corner products). If you don’t want to wait to see if you win, you can use my special code for a discount at checkout: ARIELL10. Happy baking everyone!